Saturday, January 8, 2011

Post- Education

The definition of adventure is "To venture upon; undertake or try." To me adventure is not necessarily going on a trip or doing some kind of activity, adventure can also take place in your mind. To learn and explore new things, new concepts is an incredible adventure.
This is the view I had when I finished my undergrad. I had such a thirst for knowledge and an inquisitive nature. I needed more, I wanted to know more. I couldn't, however, decide what it was I wanted to know more about. After deliberarting for quite some time I decided that the most worthy pursuit was God. To learn more about my faith, who God is, what He (or she) means to me, and what God is to others. I enrolled in St. Mary's Seminary and University's Ecumenical Institute. I attended classes with pastors, Jews, atheists, and Christians from all kinds of demoninations from the inner-city, county, farmland. All kinds of people.
This education was incredible valuable to me. I spent the majority of the time learning about my Christian faith and all of the different facets of it- many dimensions that I didn't even know existed. History, spirituality, biblical study, ethics, Christian authors, Greek, Aramaic, Hebrew, etc. I even took classes in World religions and Islam and attended a Hindu temple and Mosque twice. It was an incredible experience to break down my barriers, stereotypes, and ignorance and replace it with understanding and education.
The world has so much to offer- travels, experiences, activities, and explorations of education and understanding. I can't wait to further pursue educatiuon and understanding in religions, differnet languages, cultures, and the many other topics open to exploration.

No comments:

Post a Comment