Friday, January 7, 2011

Hunter Valley, NSW, AU

For my 21st birthday I wanted to do something different. I'd never been to a vineyard, but loved the atmosphere and vibe. I wanted to do a wine-tasting to celebrate my coming-of-drinking-age. Wishful thinking. I ended up at the bar like every other 21-year-old American.
It was a real treat when I finally did tour my wine valley. I had no idea what to expect but I was thoroughly dismayed to hear that there was a strict "0" tolerance policy on tasting and driving. No worries, as it turns out your not really supposed to drink all of the wine... your supposed to spit some of it out! I put on my wine hat and my wine dress. I rented a car and headed up the coast and into the wine valley of New South Wales, Australia.
The vineyards were beautiful and I was shocked at the wide variety of wines. First you have to decide if you would like Red or White... then do you like it sparkling? Do you like a champagne wine? How old do you like it? What year has the best grapes? Wow. What an experience.
And, by the way, did you know know that "there's an app for that"... "Wine Guru," check it out...

No comments:

Post a Comment