Monday, May 16, 2011

Blue Mountains Climbing Excursion: NSW



Day 2 in New South Wales could not have possibly contrasted Day 1 more. We went from the Sydney city center and the coastal beaches to the Blue Mountains. Our mission: to climb the Dam Cliffs. On our way to the cliffs I was dancing along the trail, stomping in hopes of scaring away the poiseness snakes that were sure to try and attack us. 
Once we arrived at the cliffs we set up all of the climbing gear and started straight away like a wanna be pros! I was a little nervous and scared to to see him scale the wall but his confidence was unshakable. Once he set up the topline we each took a turn climbing to the top.

After a fun day on the rocks, we hiked back and stopped to eat a town called Mt. Victoria. I have to say, that I was a little disappointed with the dinner menu which stunk because I was starving. What did I expect? It was a dingy little hotel bar.
Well.... you can imagine my surprise when they brought out the freshest salad with the most amazing homemade honey-mustard vinigarette. It was by far the best salad I've ever had in my life. That's definitely something that Australia has over the rest of the world: The Food! No matter where you go, the nicest restaurant or the biggest dive, white table cloth or pub, you are quaranteed to have the best food of your life! It's amazing everywhere you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment